INFO: CARFAX QUICKVIN If a license plate has special characters like the handicap symbol, a heart, the hand, or the start, you do not need to type it in to decode the vehicle. These special characters are ignored.
NOTICE!: For those of you still on the DOS version: If you are thinking about upgrading to a new computer with Windows Vista or newer, there are some prerequisites that are required in order for your MFS system to continue working. Please contact Support BEFORE you purchase!!!
Management Success! Stat Integration customers:
Soon we will be publishing a “guide” for all of you who are Management Success! clients and are auto sending your stats from your EasyRO system. This guide will explain the different roles both MFS, AND MS play in this integration, how the systems get set up, what your role is, and what things can cause the INCORRECT reporting of stats. Stay tuned!
NEW VERSION UPDATE ROLLING OUT NOW!
Double sided printing issues resolved! Call 818-546-5800 to update! NOTE: If you are not “current” on your maintenance and support, you are not eligible for updates! You will need to bring your account current in order to receive updates/fixes etc. Call admin NOW to update @ 818-546-5806.
Speed Issue Update!: Rolling out now! At long last, many of you have now been updated with the latest version which now solves speed issues resulting from large data files and networking. From all the feedback so far, all customers are reporting great news on this update! If you haven’t gotten updated yet, contact support here at 818-546-5800!
We have had a very small percentage of customers who state “I don’t need support”, please take me off. There are things you need to be aware of before “taking” yourself off maintenance and support. This program is like insurance – you may not need it today and hate having to write that check, but when you do, boy are you glad you have it! We have a very reasonable maintenance & support program that is REQUIRED should you need ANY assistance whatsoever. Keeping a support staff in place and trained up to date and available is costly. We have kept the program fees low and affordable. These fees are what enable us to keep our top notch staff available to you and $$ for programming for fixes, updates, enhancements, etc.. When lightening strikes, or a computer crashes, or glitches happen, or whatever your needs may be, if we are not here for you, then you lose. And what you lose is VERY valuable! Your years of customer info, cars, etc.! So those that think this is “optional” because they don’t think they need any further training or help with the program, are missing the above key points. We are constantly updating, enhancing, adding to and fixing our products. If you want to stay current on fixes, enhancements, updates, upgrades, new modules, new integrations, or need help with your computer or your program in any way, then you must ALSO stay current on your maintenance and support. Simple.
Q: How do I stop a customer from receiving any follow up letters?
A: Go into the Customer General tab and click the option “Do not send follow up letter”.
Q: How do I find my Employee List?
A: Double click on any Estimate or RO from the RO list and then go into the Labor tab. Click on the Employee List button.
Q: How do I stop EasyRO from asking for a mileage out every time I Close Out an RO?
A: From the Main Menu click on Setup > Options > Repair Order > Print Form. In the Print Options un-check, “Mileage Out require Tech to final print”. Click the Main Menu button at the top left and save your changes.
Q: How do I make a new login for the program?
A: From the Main Menu click on Setup and then the User button at the top left. In the new window, you will click the New button and create a new login for the program.
Q: How do I change the tax rate in the program?
A: From the Main Menu click on the Setup > Rates > Tax tab. You can now update the tax rate. Once you are done, click the Main Menu button and save your changes.
Q: How do I add a logo, and what images can I use for this?
A: To load a logo click on the Setup button from the Main Menu. Click on the Options button and then the Logo button. From this window click on the Load Logo button at the top and find the logo you would like to use. The only pictures supported for logos are Bitmap, better known as “.BMP”.
Q: If I load a logo, where will it print out?
A: After loading a logo into the program it will print out on all Estimates, ROs, AR Statements, and Follow Ups.
Q: How do I remove a Pre-Payment?
A: To remove a bad pre-payment, click on the Pre-Payment button again from within the Totals tab, and add a negative pre-payment for the same amount and type.
Q: How do I email an RO to a customer?
A: You will need to be in the Service Writer area and selected an Est/RO. Next you will cilck the Preview & Print button above. In the Preview & Print window you will need to click on the Send Email button. I new email should be on screen with the attached estimate or RO. Click the Send button to send the email.
Q: How do I make a backup of my software?
A: From the Main Menu, click on the Backup button. A new window will open and you then click on the Backup Now button at the bottom to back up your EasyRO data.
Q: How do I restore my previous backup?
A: From the Main Menu click on the Backup button and a new window will open. Click on the Restore tab and your last backup will be highlighted at the bottom of the list. Click the Restore Now button to restore all the files from that backup.
Q: How do I know what version of the program am I using?
A: From the Main Menu click on the About button at the top right hand side. The About window will open up and show you what version you are using.
Q: How do I know if I am in Demo mode?
A: At the top left hand side of the program, in white letters, you will see “Demo Version” as part of the program name.
Q: How do I change the colors for the program?
A: Click on Styles on the top left hand corner and select the skin you would like to use. After you click on a new skin the program will change.
Q: How can I group data in my RO List?
A: To group data simply pick a column you would like to group by, for example, Type. Drag the Type column to the grouping bar above and let go. The window will now be grouped by the two different types, Est and RO.
Q: How to I undo a grouping I have done?
A: Drag the column title from the grouping bar back down to the column list and release it. Your grouping should be undone.
Q: How do I filter data in the Inventory section?
A: Click on the column title you want to filter by and you will get a drop down menu. Next click on the name you want to filter by, like a Group name. Only data using that group name you selected will be displayed on the screen.
Q: How do I remove filters to see my complete Inventory?
A: Click on the column title you previously filtered by, like Group, and then click on the (All) option in the drop down. You will see the complete list of parts.
Q: Why doesn’t my CarQuest link find any Parts or Labor for the car I am working on?
A: Check that the VIN in the vehicle General tab is valid. The CarQuest link will not work without a valid VIN.
CALL IN FAQ
Q: What do I do if I forget all the passwords to the program?
A: Call Tech Support to reset all your passwords.
Q: I am getting a DBISam error, even after restarting the program several times. What should I do?
A: Call Tech Support to have them run the utility on all your files.
Q: I just got a new parts list from my parts supplier, how do I put this into the program?
A: Call Tech Support to do an Inventory Import.
Management Feedback Systems, Inc. is partnered with CARQUEST to give shop owners the availability to not only use the Mitchell Labor guide, but to also check the pricing, availability and ordering of parts through your CARQUEST parts stores.There are various options for you, the end user to utilize from within your EasyRO shop management program. This FAQ sheet should provide you with all the basic information so that you can not only be informed of how our program integrates with CARQUEST, but also decide on what level of service you might want to take advantage of from CARQUEST.
1. Do I HAVE to use CARQUEST? NO.
2. How do I get started with CARQUEST? NOTE: YOU MUST BE LOCATED WITHIN DELIVERY DISTANCE FROM A CARQUEST STORE IN ORDER TO USE CARQUEST. You will either contact CARQUEST directly, or we can do it for you if you prefer, and a request will be sent to them to set you up as a customer. They will then send back your CARQUEST login credentials. This information then goes into a “setup” area inside our program. When you then access CARQUEST from within our program, you are essentially “logging into” CARQUEST with your account so that they know WHO is placing any orders requested and what your access levels are based on whether your have a FREE or paid account.
How do I know my information is “safe”? Both MFS and CARQUEST have provided the utmost in security features. They have used all the latest security measures associated with the passing of information to and from a website.
4. Do I HAVE to order all my parts from CARQUEST? No. That is your option alone.
5. What happens after the “45 day CARQUEST trial period”? When you first register and select the CARQUEST link from within your EasyRO program, a 45 day timer will begin that CARQUEST monitors. During this time, you will have the availability to select labor and parts associated with the job you are doing for your customer’s vehicle. So if you are doing a brake job let’s say, you would be able to pull up all the labor and parts available for that job on that vehicle, and select what you want to put onto the RO. Once all your selections are on your RO, you will see the Mitchell labor time associated with each labor line and its description. The parts you’ve selected will also show up on your RO along with their pricing and descriptions and you will then have the option to check your local CARQUEST store for availability of these parts and order them directly with one click if you wish. AFTER the 45 day trial period, you will LOSE the ability to use the Mitchell Labor guide to select labor for your jobs. However, the use of VIN decoding, parts availability and order options will ALWAYS be available for FREE.
6. If I want to continue the Mitchell Labor guide option, what do I have to do? After your “45 day trial period”, you then have the option to “upgrade” your CARQUEST account. This is a simple procedure of logging into your CARQUEST WebLink account, emailing, or calling them and letting them know you would like to upgrade. They will then change your account for the options you select and those will now be available the next time you enter CARQUEST from within EasyRO.
7. How much does CARQUEST eData cost? eData stands for “Electronic Data” or information available for use via the CARQUEST website. There are various costs to you depending on what eData features of CARQUEST you want to use. The basics are these:
Use of the Mitchell Labor Guide and Maintenance: $19.95 a month payable to CARQUEST.
For $149.00 a month:
Labor and Maintenance: Access to vehicle specific maintenance intervals, e.g. 6 month service or 30,000 mi service.
Repair: Access to Mitchell’s OnDemand color wiring diagrams and repair articles, figures and specifications.
TSB: Access to Manufacturer’s Technical Service Bulletins.
Recalls: Access to Manufacturer’s Recalls.
Fluid Specs: FREE
For an additional $8.00 a month:
Tires: Access to Manufacturer’s tire specifications e.g. Rim size, tire inflation or speed rating, etc.
8. Of all these available features, which ones tie in directly to my EasyRO system? Only the labor and parts lines get transferred directly after selecting them onto your customer’s RO with the added feature of checking the parts pricing and availability from your local CARQUEST and the ability to directly order those parts.
9. So if I select one of the paid eData services with CARQUEST e.g. (wiring diagrams or repair articles etc.), then how do I access those? You would do that by going directly online via your web browser to CARQUEST, log into your account, then access your available services from there.
10. Is training available for how to use CARQUEST within EasyRO? Of course! We will be happy to show you how it works. Both CARQUEST AND MFS will be available to help guide you through any questions you might have. In addition, there is NO FEE for this.
11. What if I need support? Who do I call? Both CARQUEST AND MFS are available for support and/or training. With your paid monthly support to MFS, you can call our support department at any time regarding ANY computer or system issue whether it be CARQUEST, a printer problem, a “how do I?” type question or anything else.
12. If I want to “opt out” of using CARQUEST, are there any termination fees? Do I have to sign a contract for a specific length of time? No and no. There is no obligation. You simply register, decide whether or not to continue with the FREE options, or upgrade to a monthly paid service. You then pay CARQUEST month to month if you desire any of their expanded services. If you decide to opt out at some point, then you simply terminate the monthly fee and your access will be changed back to provide ONLY the FREE options.